PARENT EDUCATION CLASSES
Brookline, Cambridge and Sandwich MA
Dates: JULY 12 & 13, 2021
Time: From 6pm to 8:30pm
Location: ONLINE ZOOM
Cost: $80 (Tuition Waivers are sometimes available from the court, if you qualify. You must pay $5 in tuition (cash) with a waiver (which must be presented to the group leaders).
Sponsor: Center for Families in Transition
Our classes are specifically designed to:
- Teach the skills needed to be effective co-parents after divorce.
- Assist parents in understanding their own divorce experience
- Provide an overview of children's reactions to divorce
- Educate parents as to the developmental needs of children, especially around divorce
- Train parents to help children cope with divorce and minimize their trauma .
What topics are covered?
- Loss, grief, and healing
- Effective parent-child communication
- Tips and skills for effective co-parenting
- Process of divorce
- Developmental stages of children
- Resources for parents and children
- Identifying problem areas and learning strategies for reducing conflict.