Information for Landlords & Lenders

If your tenant is behind on the rent - or expects they will be soon - tell them about this website. If you would like to help them complete an application, go to the RAA for the community the property is located within and access the application. You can fill out the information for them but ultimately the application will need their signature. Eligible owner-occupants of 1-4 family homes may apply directly now and may be entitled to federal mortgage deferral or forbearance protections

At the end of October, landlords who own up to 20 units of housing will be able to apply to RAFT or ERMA on behalf of their tenants. Tenants will still need to sign the RAFT/ERMA application and provide proof of identity. In the meantime, landlords can help tenants to gather any necessary documentation, such as a copy of the lease or a summary of the amount of rent the tenant owes, to help speed up the existing application process. 

Upon application submission, you will be asked to provide:

  1. Proof of ownership of the unit
  2. Signed W-9 in the name of the property owner
  3. Proof of compliance with Massachusetts Lead Laws (Dependent on RAA)
  4. Signed contract accepting funds (Provided by RAA)

Back to Emergency Rental and Mortgage Assistance